DRK 160 ESC
Not a relabel, and no overstatements!
The Maclan Racing DRK 160 DRAG RACE ESC is THE all new effort specifically designed for the extremely competitive and popular NO PREP DRAG RACING segment. Based on a super successful ESC platform, we have been working extremely hard to make this one of the best 1/10 footprint ESC’s to handle massive power for NO PREP DRAG RACING. There are many newly designed features in this ESC.
Proprietary All New 3-Stage Launch Power Control Software
The most exciting part of this DRK 160 ESC is its all new designed 3-Stage Launch Power Control Software. It is operating by a 32-Bit super fast CPU with all new algorithm specifically designed for NO PREP DRAG RACING. The software was inspired by the full scale drag race cars with extremely complicated processing for the smoothest launch traction control, and yet most powerful acceleration. Thanks to the powerful 32-Bit CPU, the ESC is able to remap throttle curve in 3 stages precisely. All you need to do for the win is to focus on the starting signal for the full throttle launch.
Improved Hi-Res Data logging
The DRK 160 software also improves the data logging to 10 Hz refresh rate. That will provide a data entry every 0.1 second. It becomes another key for winning your NO PREP DRAG RACE.
X6 Super Capacitor Pack
The DRK 160 is designed to have a new X6 Super Capacitor Pack with larger gauge wires. This upgrade provides the most protection to the ESC and voltage retention in harsh passes.
There are few options to program the DRK 160 ESC.
- Use a ProLink (with cables included in the ProLink, micro USB + OTG cable)
- Use a Windows PC and Maclan Panel Software (with cable included in the ESC)
- Use an Android mobile device (5.0 OS or higher) and Maclan Smart Link App (with Type C cable, sold separately)
- Use an Apple iPhone with Maclan WiFi module (sold separately) with Maclan Smart Link App (coming soon in Q4, 2020)
What is included in the DRK 160 box?
- DRK 160 ESC x1
- 20cm receiver cable (MCL1043) x1
- ESC power switch (MCL4102) x1
- 30×30 HV ESC fan (MCL4106) x1
- USB data cable (MCL4054) x1
- Maclan decal and user manual
- DRK 160 ESC preset profiles are based on 20 degree motor can timing. For best results, set motor can timing to 20 degrees or lower.
- When installing your new DRK ESC, please set radio to factory settings, or use a new, unused model. Using “radio tricks” for throttle manipulation is unnecessary and could cause problems with the ESC, resulting in poor performance, or a damaged ESC. The DRK ESC is designed to replace all other methods of manipulating the throttle.